Hello brides-to-be, as your big day is arriving quickly important decisions must be made all the time, and with social media becoming a large part of people’s daily lives, another decision must be made! INVITES!! Should they be paper or online? We’ve put together some pros and cons to help you make the deciding vote.
- Social media is ever growing and more people use a smart device
- Saves money! It’s very cheap and usually free
- They can be updated easily and fast! Date or time change? You can edit these little bits of information yourself
- Some electronic invitations can be dismissed. Some people might not receive your message to begin with and others might miss your important information
- If you choose to upload your invite on a public forum, your guests will be able to see who else has been invited and sometimes this mightn’t be a good thing
Pros- Paper Invites
- Nothing beats style! A classy, elegant paper invitation is sure to draw people in
- It’s more private, which makes it personal to your guests
- There is a nostalgic feel about keeping your invitation as a momentum of your special day
- Sometimes they are thrown away and create waste which is not eco – friendly
- The purpose of a wedding invitation is solely to inform, which makes it single event only. It doesn’t allow for communication between the guests and hosts continuously.
- They are costly as there are many to purchase!