Real Flower’s vs Artificial Flowers?
So after last weeks blog about “Help… What flowers should I pick for my wedding?” I’ve received many questions regarding flowers and whether you should pick real over artificial flowers. Obviously it’s down to personal choice, but nowdays its also down too the budget and not forgetting this is being stretched at every point possible.
So we’ve put together a helpful Pros and Cons list for you below! This should also help alongside our previous blog where we added in a helpful handy flower chart by season.
Pros- Real Flowers
- Wider choice- As long as your chosen flowers are in season you have a wider colour choice as sometimes in silk artificial flowers different colours can look too artificial.
- Smell- That beautiful smell of flowers when you walk into a room… you can’t beat it!
- Dream- It might have always been your dream to have fresh flowers… if so hell with the budget and do it! Your only going to get married once… right?
- Colour- Colours are endless and can be mixed and match (have a read of the previous blog to see how colours can be mixed)
- Expense- Real flowers can be expense normally double the cost of silk flowers
- Season- Your chosen flowers may not be in season when you plan to have your big day
- Never forever- Real flowers are never forever, they will die after your event and also depending on when and where your wedding is taking place you need to maintain them
- Hayfever/allergies sufferers- This could be a nightmare event for them!
Pros- Artificial Flowers
- Season- It doesn’t matter if your preferred flowers aren’t in season
- Cost- If budget is an issue using artificial silk flowers can help maybe half your flower bill
- Forever- If you are buying them yourself you can keep them forever
- Silk flowers do not require constant watering on a hot summer’s day where real ones would threaten to wilt; and if you’re planning on marrying overseas, artificial flowers are all but weightless for those pesky luggage restrictions!
- Cost Effective- You can re use them for another event which you may have on the day or day after
- Hayfever/allergies sufferers- This is the perfect way to still have your flowers but not upset any guests
- Colours- The artificial flowers can vary in different colour tones
- Budget- Your wedding budget may be an issue, however do not buy cheap artificial flowers you will regret it, there are different levels of silk, so shop around
- Fray- If they are cheap they can fray if they are moved around alot
- Smell- That beautiful floral smell will be absent at your wedding
In need of help with decor concepts, design ideas for your wedding? Unsure of how to make your wedding different?
We offer a bespoke package to help you also.
Image Credit: RWS & Pinterest