Have you recently got engaged and looking for support to plan your Asian wedding? Or are you already going through your Asian wedding planning journey and looking for some guidance and/or support? Or are you looking to plan your own Asian wedding completely?
Well you’re in the right place. This article looks at whether you should have a wedding planner or a wedding coordinator or plan your own Asian wedding. These are very different types of services that are offered at Rohita Pabla Wedding & Events. We will dive into some of the details of each of these services to help you decide on what works best for yourselves.
So, lets jump straight into it…
Let’s start with a wedding planner. You may have thought to yourself why I need to pay a wedding planner to plan my Asian wedding. This is a great question and the answers are endless. One of the key deciders of having a wedding planner tends to be the cost as planning an Asian wedding is always on a budget. However, people look at the cost of hiring a wedding planner and think OMG how much.
As an example, you may have a budget of £60,000 to plan your whole wedding. You may get a quote from a wedding planner to plan your wedding at £6000. You think to yourself, well that’s 10% of my overall budget that I could spend on the wedding itself if I plan it myself. Technically speaking your absolutely correct. However, having a wedding planner, you will tend to recoup a lot of the cost through the expertise and network that the wedding planner has built up.
Real Flower’s vs Artificial Flowers?
So after last weeks blog about “Help… What flowers should I pick for my wedding?” I’ve received many questions regarding flowers and whether you should pick real over artificial flowers. Obviously it’s down to personal choice, but nowdays its also down too the budget and not forgetting this is being stretched at every point possible.
So we’ve put together a helpful Pros and Cons list for you below! This should also help alongside our previous blog where we added in a helpful handy flower chart by season.
Pros- Real Flowers
- Wider choice- As long as your chosen flowers are in season you have a wider colour choice as sometimes in silk artificial flowers different colours can look too artificial.
- Smell- That beautiful smell of flowers when you walk into a room… you can’t beat it!
- Dream- It might have always been your dream to have fresh flowers… if so hell with the budget and do it! Your only going to get married once… right?
- Colour- Colours are endless and can be mixed and match (have a read of the previous blog to see how colours can be mixed)
- Expense- Real flowers can be expense normally double the cost of silk flowers
- Season- Your chosen flowers may not be in season when you plan to have your big day
- Never forever- Real flowers are never forever, they will die after your event and also depending on when and where your wedding is taking place you need to maintain them
- Hayfever/allergies sufferers- This could be a nightmare event for them!
Pros- Artificial Flowers
- Season- It doesn’t matter if your preferred flowers aren’t in season
- Cost- If budget is an issue using artificial silk flowers can help maybe half your flower bill
- Forever- If you are buying them yourself you can keep them forever
- Silk flowers do not require constant watering on a hot summer’s day where real ones would threaten to wilt; and if you’re planning on marrying overseas, artificial flowers are all but weightless for those pesky luggage restrictions!
- Cost Effective- You can re use them for another event which you may have on the day or day after
- Hayfever/allergies sufferers- This is the perfect way to still have your flowers but not upset any guests
- Colours- The artificial flowers can vary in different colour tones
- Budget- Your wedding budget may be an issue, however do not buy cheap artificial flowers you will regret it, there are different levels of silk, so shop around
- Fray- If they are cheap they can fray if they are moved around alot
- Smell- That beautiful floral smell will be absent at your wedding
In need of help with decor concepts, design ideas for your wedding? Unsure of how to make your wedding different?
We offer a bespoke package to help you also.
Image Credit: RWS & Pinterest
Hello Brides To Be,
So recently a Bride and Groom asked me to look for a small venue in central London for there civil & wedding breakfast and I stumbled across this little treasure… Fortnum and Mason est 1707. Fortnum and Mason known for it’s afternoon teas, hampers and fine gifts is also a beautiful small wedding venue with multiple rooms on offer.
And I got the opportunity to see this for myself. Fortnum and Mason opened its doors for a Westminster Council Wedding Open Day, offering brides, grooms & clients the opportunity to see the venue and what is has to offer. And oh was a wooowed…. from the Boardroom, The Tasting Room, The Drawing Room & The Crypt.
From weddings to breakfasts, drinks receptions to private parties a celebration at Fortnums is always an experience to remember. With four beautiful dining spaces, four restaurants all available for exclusive hire its a perfect location to host any event!
Thank You Fortnum & Mason for the invite.
Do I need a theme for my wedding?
Many of my clients ask me…. “Do I need a decor theme for my Wedding?”. My answer… YES DEFINITELY! Not only does this make life easier for you, but also gives a clear vision to your suppliers.
Many people use their favourite colour as their Wedding theme which is also a good idea, but having a concept/central theme makes everything easier and ideas flow better. Not only that but it can be a lot of good fun!
Perhaps think of something which relates to you and your partner, this could be the location of where they proposed to you, your favourite holiday location or something in keeping with the theme of where you’re getting married.
The options are truly endless, so what I say is grab yourselves a piece of paper or a board and start a mood board around your favourite things.
If you’re struggling with your wedding planning and concept ideas please do contact me, I offer bespoke planning packages to suit your needs.
So we’re back for 2017 with a bang and new projects bubbling away. But we would like to flash back to 2016, when we caught up with Karisha Pithwa, owner of Crème De La Cakes and her show stopper of a cake “Enchanted Garden Theme Hanging Wedding Cake at Grosvenor House”
Luxury wedding cake company Crème De La Cakes had clients Kish and Kithy come to see her with one request “ We would like something unique and bespoke”. Karisha then set about creating something just that!
Her surroundings….. non other than The Great Ballroom within Grosvenor House one of London’s most sort after wedding venues.
The theme for the glamorous wedding reception held at Grosvenor House, a stunning ‘Enchanted Garden’ Theme, which Karisha used as her inspiration for her grand 17 tier bespoke wedding cake suspended in a 12ft birdcage.
Karisha says “ No two clients are the same and it’s my job to ensure that each client’s custom designed cake is bespoke. My aim as a luxury asian wedding cake designer is to ensure that each work of art leaves our bride and groom as well as their guests speechless”
“A showstopper wedding cake for this lavish affair!”
The ‘Enchanted Garden’ theme bespoke 17 tier luxury wedding cake was adorned with pretty lace detailing and beautiful pearl frame work encasing the couples initials. This was delicately piped by hand and then hand painted with antique gold to match the 12 ft birdcage.
As a luxury wedding cake designer, Creme De La Cakes also provided the beautiful floral work around the superior wedding cake
The team here all agree it was sure a showstopper of a wedding cake for a lavish affair!
Planning an event? Let’s get the conversation started!
Telephone: 07875 593610
Or reach out on social:
Hello Brides To Be,
Our friends at Loveli Stationery are now supplying a stylish range of Bespoke wedding signs, for perfectly styled big days. Choose from personalised printed signage or hand illustrated chalkboards, to add that personal fun touch.
Loveli are offering all readers of this blog 10% off their WHOLE RANGE. Enter rpevents 10 at the checkout in the promo code box and then the discount will be applied.
So we caught up with Lianne Taylor -the Creative Director & Founder of Loveli Stationery. Who’s beautiful company was the Regional Winner of the 2016 Wedding Industry Awards and is the Regional Finalist for 2017!
We spoke all things Autumn Stationery trends…. Lianne gives us her top 3 trends, heres trend 1….
As we move into Autumn and Winter for the Wedding season there is a definite shift in colour palettes and style. The colder months seem to make Brides bolder with their colour choices and this creates wonderful palettes to work with for stationary, both for invitations and on the day items.
The top three colour trends I have seen coming through from Autumn/Winter wedding enquiries are: metallics, jewel tones and iced pastels.
TREND 1- METALLICS
This trend has been building throughout the year and looks set to continue well into 2017. There’s something quite special and opulent about a foiled finish on an invitation. Brides are leaning towards rose gold tones with luxe dark card paper stock, such as midnight blue, to really allow the metallic elements to shine through.
With oodles of glitz from metallics and contemporary styling for fonts and finishes, I can’t wait to see what fresh trends 2017 brings.
Lianne Taylor -the Creative Director & Founder of Loveli Stationery